10 Questions To Ask Yourself About Your Relationship:
Experience has shown that by the time most couples finally decide to attend marriage counseling, it might be too late to save the relationship. Although you might think marriage counseling is difficult, it is not as painful or expensive as getting a divorce.
1. Have you been unhappy with your relationship for a long time?
2. Do you feel like you cannot tell your partner everything or be completely honest with him or her?
3. Do you feel like you can't completely trust your partner, or that they cannot trust you?
4. Have you tried to discuss your concerns with your partner, but fail or often end up fighting?
5. Is your partner too dominant or controlling with you?
6. Do you feel like you have to compromise all the time in order to "save" the relationship or "keep the peace?"
7. Are you having a hard time forgiving your partner for something they did in the past?
8. Does your partner put you down, or make you feel bad about yourself?
9. Do you daydream about having an emotional or physical connection with someone other than your partner?
10. Are you, or your partner, ready to leave the relationship?
Nervous about marriage counseling? Learn "What to Expect."